Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Grr... Used Car Salesmen

Honestly, it's no wonder Used Car Salesmen have a bad name. After being told that the parts to fix my car were coming yesterday and the car would be ready today I got a call asking for a delay. RACQ found a couple of minor things wrong that I insisted were fixed before I would take the car, so it was back with the dealer being repaired. I'd organised for it to be reinspected to ensure everything was just as the dealer said it would be. Today I got a call saying the parts weren't here and I need rebook the inspection. A total of 30 mins later I got a call saying the car was fixed and I could move the appointment back!

So got the final report, everything checked out ok.

This is where the real fun started. Now I noticed when I bought the car that the rego was out, so I didn't have any problems buying it with expired rego because they would need to fix it before I bought the car. The problem was no one had noticed until I pointed it out today :) So the car isn't registered... Then they proceeded to say that I would need to pay for the rego because it wasn't part of the purchase price... I pointed out they couldn't sell me a non registered car.

So after some haggling, then haggling with the GM... I'm picking the car up Friday... with rego...

No wonder used car salesmen have a bad name!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's why he's doing mine, he's a born negotiator :)

anamica said...

your information is very best information.your information is very useful for us.I really impressed to read all this great information.I really appreciated this great information.I got the very best information from your site.I want to be visit here again so I hope I got the more better information from this site.thanks for sharing all this information..Best information about the massage on this site.I got the very best ides from your site about the massage.I really impressed to read all this great information.I really appreciated this great information.your information is very useful for us.thanks for sharing all this great information.