Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wharfedale Evolution in the office

We got some new speakers in at work today to replace the old Tannoy's that we had in the soundlounge in the office. Just looking at the new Evo speakers you can see that they some quality pieces of kit. They are covered in a very sexy Bird's Eye Maple piano finish and are beautifully built curved cabinets. The main speakers that we had running in the sound lounge were the Pacific Evo-30, these units use the same drivers as my Diamond 8.4 speakers, the difference in sound is quite noticable even from the very quick listen I managed on my way out today. They have a much more open sound stage with a slightly crisper and cleaner sound when compared with the Diamond Series. Their rated to produce from 35Hz all the way through to 20kHz but the bottom end seemed every bit as meaty as the previous diamond series.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I will let Mario and John know that they are not to sell these to you without my express permission.

Unknown said...

Well good thing I got in early then!