Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Riding for a cause (Smiling for Smiddy)

A friend of mine has been bugging me to do this ride for a while now and this year I decided to give it a shot and register... In what was probably good luck all the registrations for the full Smiddy challenge were taken so I decided to sign up for the "shorter" 570km ride in June.
And whilst it's shorter, the 570km is in 3 days so it's still going to be 3 days of pain.


The Midi Smiddy enters its third year in 2012, challenging 50 cyclists to an unforgettable long weekend.  The three-day, 570km cycle heads west to Toowoomba and Warwick before returning to Brisbane.
The major beneficiary is Mater Foundation where funds support research into melanoma and prostate cancer as well as complementary therapies for cancer patients.

I owe Ness big time for it... not only because I'm away for 3 days over a long weekend but also because of all the time in training leading up to it. This weekend alone I was out for about 200km worth of riding indluding the Coot-tha Challenge (on a side note I was pretty with my time and result up the hill dropping 30secs off my previous best).

So... this is basically to ask for donations. The aim for each rider is to raise $1,500 for the cause and I'd love some support. If you can/would like to help out just follow this link.

Thanks to some very generous donations I'm almost 1/3 of the way already (and I only signed up last week).

No comments: