Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New gaming headset

I finally updated my headset for my online gaming after my turtle beach set gave up the ghost. I considered getting one of the 5.1 wireless sets but couldn't justify the cost but wireless was a key requirement.

Purely based on cost ($99) I bought a plantonics set and have been pretty happy. The sound is great although not as bass heavy as the turtle beach (which actually makes long gaming sessions less fatiguing). The only real complaint is the lack of wireless range on the set. I think the saturated 2.4ghz band in our apartment building is the main culprit but still the range is not huge. Fine sitting on the couch but if you travel much further you'll loose it.

Still for $99 there are no complaints. Clear sound. Integrated chat (which reportedly is clear) USB powered and wireless!

No comments: