Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A series of new gadgets

First off it's probably no too much of a surprise to discover that
i've finally given in and bought an iPhone. The big driver was a
change to my work's phone policy which was going to be unpleasant if I
didn't get a personal phone. The were only really two phones in the
running an android phone or the iPhone. After the disaster that was
the sony Xperia X1 I was keen to get something that was good as a
phone. In the end the iPhone was the only choice with so much of my
house already connected to mac gear and iTunes. I've only had it 5
days and it's already made it's way to key gadget. There is nothing
that I don't like about it, one thing I love is thus keyboard and the
auto correct feature. It's not right 100% of the time but it certainly
gets the 80-20 rule in the right order. At this rate I'll be catching
the bus more just so I get more of a chance to use it. Oh and the
appletv remote function is great, gives fantastic searching which we
really the only thing the AppleTV struggled with.

Well that is more than enough on the iPhone, there have been a few
other editions as well the major one is the study/gaming setup. With
the shift of Zachary's room and the study the xbox360 found a new home
in the study the only thing that was really missing for that was a
speaker setup. I had quite a few options in mind from a decent
seperates hifi kit or 5.1 setup to some PC speakers. In the end I
decided it was overkill getting anything too high end and settled for
a logitech Z-4 setup. Whilst it will never be audiophiles territory
for a 2.1 gaming system it's pretty good value at a little over $100.
Now all I have to do is find a game that has music someone doesn't
object to.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: