Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gate 47...

As you can probably guess I'm back at the Airport again today. I'm not really sure why, hopefully it all becomes clear at some point. I hasn't been the best start to the day... My cab was 20 minutes late (after 2 phone calls confirming it was coming). When it did eventually get to my street it drove straight past (yet another phone call). I was only the Cabbie's first day so it's not entirely unexpected although I was a little concerned when he asked if I wanted to take Corination Drive to the airport. I'm also leaving from my (and Vanessa's) favourite gate this morning... 47, possibly the furthest gate from the lounge. What's wrong with gate 40 I ask you? There is even a plane there ready?

As far as work today, it's one of a stranger reasons I've been on a plane at 6am. I'm subcontracting to another partner who needs a consultant (nothing too unusual) but I have to fly to Sydney to be interviewed by their customer? WTF? The worst part is that I know it results in 7 weeks of more trips to Sydney starting next week!

7 weeks away does make for a large opportunity for gaming. I have started Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (which I picked up for an obscene $25 on Sunday) and it has been suggested that 7 weeks in Sydney would be a great time to get it (and the expansion) finished. Logistically though the 360 is just not a portable machine... 7 weeks though is almost enough for me to consider starting a charater in WoW though.

I am starting to get (or have got) a cold so I am feeling a little sorry for myself, It's getting closer to the weekend though so I'm holding out for that!

No comments: