Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Uffizi

Bonasera from Firenze.
 
Today we went to the Uffizi. Even with reservations, it took an hour to get in. Still, it was a massive collection of art from the Medici family. By the end I was tired, and could take no more culture. No more! We wandered the streets of Florence instead, and came upon an Okoberfest food thingy, where we had lunch. Very tasty, although I didn't think I would be eating german in Florence.
 
This afternoon we went to the Duomo, which was interesting - it's so different from the outside to the inside. The lines to climb the dome were a little long, so we are going to try and do that another time.
 
The strange thing about our hotel here is that we have a TV, and yesterday afternoon turned it on. Italian television is ordinary. There are many game shows, dodgy italian soaps and much American TV dubbed in Italian. I think we were a little travel weary yesterday, because we watched Pimp My Ride, and found it funny.
 
We (well, Cameron) managed to watch the Wallabies be beaten this afternoon. I fell asleep - there was no commentry on the channel we were watching and it really wasn't that interesting to me.
 
This evening we have shopped - I am looking for a bag but so far am failing. Of course, there are lots of shoes I could buy but am so far resisting. At least until Rome :)
 
Tomorrow we head to the Academia to see David, and will probably also get some Medici palaces under our belt. We also plan to hit Pisa while we are here, although that may have to wait until Monday.
 
Until the next Internet cafe !
 
Vanessa (and Cameron)
 

No comments: