Saturday, July 07, 2007

A new library for all

Last night (the evil) amyo put me onto a new library application for the mac. Delicious have released an library system that allows you to manage all of your media. The main focus is to make the system extremely easy to enter new data. In the 10 minutes I dedicated to looking at the system I managede to download, install and add 25 new titles and 10 borrowers. They even give integration to iSight (or similar) cameras for barcode scanning input. There is flat file import which will make migrating from another system a breeze.
So far it's been the best tool for managing my dvd collection, with the bonus of offering the management of games, books, cds etc. The drag and drop interface for loaning items is fantastic. All I have left to do now is get a full license and import my old library.

No comments: