Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Only 3 more sleeps...

The end of this week is drawing ever closer and that means only one thing (well for me anyway). It's my Birthday!!! There are are good and bad sides to this one unfortunately. The up side is as always presents and the party aspect... This particular milestone will bring me scarily close to the 30 barrier which is a little scary for me... at least there will be presents :)

Fish v2.o has made it through his first night, although he has managed to make the water pretty murky already. I've had a bit more play with the filter/pump and made it less of a tsunami like tide shift for the fish but he seems to like attacking it so I'm leaving it off until I can watch him a bit more and block it off with the plants.

Interesting gaming news is the release of a QWERTY keyboard attachment for the Xbox 360 controller. It's main purpose for the time being is a instant messaging add on for the 360 Dashboard in the newest update. It does pose interesting questions about the possibility of the 360 joining existing MMORPG market though... guess we'll have to wait and see.

In Spectrobes updates, this game (as far as I'm concerned) keeps getting better and better. A couple of recently unlocked aspects are the CARD input and the Nintendo Wifi Connection. The CARD input allows you to trade cards (4 of which come with the game) to unlock new power ups and spectrobes for your collection. The same gear can also be downloaded from the wifi connection by trading points (you accumulate in the game). The download system also has hints and tips as well as a video content expanding on the story. Each spectrobe can level to 128 so they have a fair bit of leveling life in them... It's occupying most of my gaming time at the moment. I managed to cram about 25 hours of leveling into the long weekend.

I had a bit of a shop around on the weekend saw a couple of this that I though were worth adding to the birthday list.

Mechassult: Phantom War (DS)
Xbox 360 :)
biOrb Aquarium
Creature Comforts Series 2 DVD
Bean Bag Beans

I know there was more but I've forgotten now...

No comments: