Thursday, April 26, 2007

I blame addictive gaming

It's been a while since I've put a post up on here and I'm blaming games.... I've been putting some serious hours into a handful of games and none of them seem to have an end in sight.

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA) - 9hrs (which is really about 11 with the chapter reloads)
Spectrobes (NDS) - 108hrs (which is really only about 30 hours because it counts time while it's paused)
Zelda - Twilight princess (Wii) - 13hrs (I'm into the 3rd dungeon at the moment)

To top that off I managed to pick up Half Life 2 (Xbox) for $20 at Harvey Norman (who seem to have 50% off all xbox games), fortunately I've lent it to Tom so is his addiction for the short term.

I also found a great racing wheel for the Xbox. It's a Gamester Race Pac Racing Wheel for the Xbox and PS2. The key to it is that the pedals and wheel are mounted to a seat so there's no need to find a table or worry about the pedals slipping on the floor.

It's been a pretty good solution so far, the only problem is finding enough floor space to use it. It's too big for the games room unless I put it on some horrible angle. I've been rediscovering Burnout with it. It might even turn me to try a more realistic racing game... might.

The newest purchase of the day is a 7" Digital Photo Frame from Target. They went on sale today for $99 so we ducked in first thing to make sure we didn't miss out. Looks like it will be a pretty good item but I'm leaving it packed up until I get home.

So with all the gaming at the moment there just hasn't been time to blog. I might keep a few more updates on here as I progress through zelda because I apparently have another 58hrs to go! Fire Emblem and Spectrobes are relegated to bus playing. I've also got Children of Mana that I'll kick into once I get through Spectorbes. I had some serious thoughts about picking up a 360 but with all the games I've got (in my collection ie. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, HL2, NFS:U, Metal Slug 4, DoA3 etc etc) to play on the Xbox I'm going to hold off a little longer. The next step will be an upgrade of the games room.

No comments: