Monday, April 16, 2007

Gaming Room upgrade

With some of my birthday money's I thought I'd look at upgrading my Gaming room. I had a couple of options... The first was to upgrade the display to a largish (26" or more) flat panel for my current gamut of consoles with the option to use it as a low end PC monitor and secondary DVD room. The second was to look at a smaller flat panel display and get an Xbox 360. I've been mulling it over since Saturday and I think I'm going to go with the first option.

The main reason for leaving the 360 on the back burner is the announcement of the Elite version. I figure even if I don't get the Elite version the 360 premium will drop in price. Also the other reason is the really good price that is going on the 32" Acer panel I have found. It's the big brother to the 26" panel that is in most of the EB stores which does very nicely on the PS3 demos/consoles they have running.
There are a couple of display models that are around that I'm planning on picking up that drop that price a little more. It means the 360 will have to wait a little longer but will be much easier to take on a 32" display than the 22" I'd end up with if I got one now.

Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be blogging the new pics of my gaming display...

No comments: