Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Glut of Heroes...

Continuing the lazy Saturday I started watching Heroes today. I had it setup on the PVR from the first screening but I hadn't managed to start watching it. Most people who've already Bit Torrented it told me not to watch the the show until I had at least two episodes up my sleeve. I really took that to the extreme today with what can only be described as a glut. I had all 5 episodes of the series and cleared the whole lot today.

I think Heroes series would make a good movie, unfortunately someone already came up with that idea and called it X-men. They have taken the one hour format to a whole new level though... you learn less about the story per episode than Desperate Housewives. In reality with all the the re-hashing of the previous episodes and the ad breaks it's really only a 30 minute program. And true to the one hour format every episode ends with a cliff hanger of some sort. Channel 7 don't make it easy to PVR either... every episode has started 10 mins late... is it really that hard... I'm sure the ratings for prison break aren't that bad or that crash investigation viewers are bolstering the numbers.

All in all it's not a bad show and given by the glut today it's got me hooked. I'm just not sure it's everything it's hyped to be or it could be.

No comments: