Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Working from home

It's a strange phenomena, "Working from home". Generally I find I get more work done when I'm working from home. Although there are the greater distractions of home there is much less of a need to get away from it for a bit. Usually my work from home spot is the balcony amongst the greenery with a bit of jazz/classical playing in the background. Nothing like the quite chirping of birds and some soothing tunes to make the work fly by. The biggest advantage is I don't have anyone else hassling me for answers to their problems. So today is a work from home day, one insisted by work rather than me because the 2 new staff have to share my desk.

In gaming news we had a huge trade session on the weekend and swapped quite a few Cube and DS games for a new Wii game and a couple of DS games... The best bit was no money was forked over. I picked up Club House Games for the DS. Mainly so I could play my Dad at a few chess rounds over the Nintendo Wifi link. But over the last few days it has revived my enjoyment of the game... I had a version of Chess Master for the GBA that I only played once or twice. However I've found the AI in Club House Games (even on hard) a bit of a push over... it seems to enjoy sacrificing pieces without really thinking through the plan... I think I'll be moving back to Chessmaster on the GBA soon for a bit more of a challenge... Hopefully they release an online one Chess or Clubhouse games for the Wii... the controller would be the perfect interface.
Club House games isn't a complete waste though, even though the AI isn't the brightest (at least in chess) the games are still enjoyable and well implemented. The ability to play just about all the games over local wireless with only one card is great and makes for some good social gaming (even though you could get the same experience with a $5 pack of cards). I think it's biggest value though is for the Nintendo Wifi ability for the correspondence chess etc in real time.

Anyway enough of a morning tea break... back to the work...

No comments: