Thursday, April 27, 2006

Witness to a demoralising defeat

Ness has always been good at puzzle games. It's the one thing that she will consistently beat me in (usually by a considerable margin). So it's not too much of a surprise that she's had just about every puzzle game there is on the DS, Meteos, Polarium, ZooKeeper, Bust-a-Move DS and now Tetris.

There is no denying she's good at Tetris but last night I convinced her to play online after beating me in 5 Games straight. I almost feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting soul who innocently ventured into the wide world of online gaming, looking for a simple yet challenging game of Tetris against another DS owner. Instead what they got was 20 seconds of annihilation. Ness had cleared 4 lines by the time the other player had 4 blocks down. In fact I'm not sure they'd cleared 4 lines before they died. It was all over so fast I'm not sure the other player really knew what happened. Needless to say they didn't queue up for another round.

So beware those of you playing Tetris DS online... your doom may be lurking around the corner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to think Mum was the best at Tetris, then I saw Vanessa play. I can beat Mum, I can't beat Vanessa though. Fun trying, I'm up for a game anyday.