Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Intenet is dead! Long live the Internet

I woke up to a very disturbing thing this morning.... a dead ADSL router. I've been having numerous problems with my router for a few weeks now. The Wireless has been dropping out, blunt refusal to talk to the internet on either wireless or ethernet. This morning I woke to
an horrid discover, all the ethernet ports have died. There is no signal to any PC/Mac on any port. Of course, last night I was getting a lot of wireless activity while all my wireless devices are off, so I turned off the wireless access point. So now with no ethernet ports there is no way to access the box. Even a hard reset of the box doesn't seem to help. The 10 emails containg pages of errors from the box yesterday should have indicated not everything was happy.

So now I have to go out and find a new router so I can again be on the internet! "Go Web!"

No comments: