Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The ultimate home theatre addition?

I saw these while I was shopping... it was a very strange looking store with the slogan "it's not a damn bean bag" plastered across the entrance. Obviously curious to see what wasn't a damn bean bag but close enough to be mistaken for one, I ventured into the store.

The store was filled with these huge round pillow type objects (not to dissimilar to a bean bag as it turns out) however it is apparently different to a bean bag as I was informed by one of the funky staff members. LoveSac is all about hangin’ out. Come together with your friends and family. LoveSac is always the centre of good times and provides the ultimate in home theatre relaxation. Still not sure how (or why) this was different to a bean bag I tried out one of the biggest ones in the store.


To my amazement it was actually really comfortable. The reason is the filling, the Sac is a DuraFoam filled canvas insert. All the inserts are reduced to 1/8th the original size, which is lucky because I'm not sure how you're going to fit an 8 ft one into your car.

The store is LOVESAC supplying Lovesacs (beanbag like coach alternatives). LoveSac is the most versatile furniture on the planet. It can be sleek and elegant for your living room or loud and colorful for parties. It can be as unique as your personality. LoveSac is furniture to fit your lifestyle (apparently).

I must admit it was pretty cool... my favourite part was the detachable drink holder that you could add to your creation.
One thing that did surprise me was the cost, the insert (for the biggest size) is $579 and then a matching cover (in the cheapest fabric) is $280, which really prices them in the couch end of the market.

One thing you can't deny is they are different and kind of cool (in a geeky sort of way). Who knows.. it may be the next generation of my floor cushion :)

No comments: