Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Roaming Control!

I've had a Logitech® Cordless Precision™ Controller for my Xbox® pretty much since I've had the X-Box. The console come with an S-Controller but I'd been so used to wireless gaming with my Gamecube and the wavebirds I had to upgrade to the wireless controller pretty much straight away.

The controller is great, much easier to hold and more accurate than the standard controller. The only problem was that when I use live I have to swap back to the wired controller because the cable for the headset wouldn't reach from the console (and there's no way to plug the headset into the controller).

I'd looked around at the wireless headsets a few times but they always seemed so expensive. Fortunately with the mid year sales I managed to pick up one of the Logitech® Cordless Headsets.

It's basically their blue tooth headset with a module to plug into the X-Box. It works everybit as well as the wired one I got with my live kit (well at least at my end and hey that's all that matters!). The store did warn me about some problems with volume level but I've found it to be louder than orignal and much more comfortable to wear.

If you have the funds I definately recommend the upgrade to wireless.

No comments: