Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Joys of Flying!

I'll warn you now this post is likely to turn into a rant!
I've recently started a new job and as a result I'm doing a bit more travelling. On the weekend I flew up to Townsville, a fairly short 2 hour flight from Brisbane. Normally I don't find flying an unpleasant experience... I've managed to develop the ability to fall asleep pretty much as the cabin crew start their safety demonstration and manage to wake up once we're taxing back to the aero-bridge.

This flight however I had the pleasure of sitting in a middle seat (not normally too much of an issue, usually the result of bad luck) next to a guy who had no apreciation of personal space. Aircraft cabins are small enough as it is.. we're all squished in, none of us particularly like sitting in sardine like seating for 2 hours or more. This individual had decided that the space under the seat in front of him wasn't large enough for him to fit his legs under so he decided the one infront of mine was a much better idea. If that wasn't bad enough he also decided to open his paper over my tray table... Despite all hints to give me back my personal space he ignored me... Stronger suggestions were shrugged off with "I've got long legs mate". If you have the aisle seat... USE THE AISLE!

No comments: