Sunday, January 02, 2005

Trying to find only 10 Songs

It's Triple J Hottest 100 time again and I now have the more than painful task of selecting only 10 songs from the last year as my favourite. I've perused the entire song list and so far I've managed a limit my selection to just shy of 30 songs:

american idiot - green day
casbah (katalyst remix) - dynamo productions
catch me up - gomez
chicken payback - the bees
d.u.i. - har mar superstar
discotheque dancing - chris joss
fit but you know it - the streets
get busy - katalyst/vassy
ghetto musick - outkast
godhopping - dogs die in hot cars
got to be a love - greyboy
hold me now - polyphonic spree
maybe - n.e.r.d.
musicology - prince
older than you - eskimo joe
plug it in - basement jaxx
push up - the freestylers
russian girls - jimmy styles & the easy company
scar - missy higgins
somebody told me - the killers
somebody's gonna love - alice russell
something's going down - ugly duckling
somewhere down the barrel - the dissociatives
take me out - franz ferdinand
take your mama - scissor sisters
the sunshine drive - the spazzys
tropical ice-land - the fiery furnaces
unbreakable - speedstar
what have you done for me lately? - sharon jones & the dapkings

I've tried to be fair and not pick more than one song per artist but I feel it's going to be a long process trying to limit it down to only 10! I'll keep you posted

No comments: