Thursday, January 03, 2013

Time for something a little different - Tannus Musai Punture Proof tyre


So this is a little backward in coming forward. Last year I had a lot of flats riding. In the latest Ride On Magazine they reviewed some puncture proof tyres by Tannus and gave them a very favourable rating. The big difference in these tyres are they are solid rather than having a tube and being filled with air. For road bikes (the Musai model) they two versions, a hard and soft compound which are supposed to mimic 133psi and 101psi respectively. Because these are for my commuter I've chosen the soft compound hoping that the ride on a solid tyre will be comparable. The tyres sound heavy(ish) at 380g but it's actually 12g lighter than my Gatorskin/tube setup I had on the rear and 100g lighter than the Maxxis Re-Fuse on the front.

After a bit of looking around I found a stockest in Brisbane at Avanti Plus (who also fitted them, which is quite a chore apparently). 

So far the bike hasn't actually ridden anywhere (other than around my garage, which felt remarkably like riding a bike). The big test when I take it out in anger or on some heavy commutes. According to the guys at the shop they take about 200km to wear in so I'll write a review on them at around the 500km I guess.

2 comments:

Simón Tello Herrera said...

Hola! Estoy muy interesado en comprarlos. ¿cómo ha sido tu experiencia con estos neumáticos? Muchas gracias por responder

Unknown said...

Glimpse for top journey simulation which includes sensible functions offering very excellent style, landscape designs and also sceneries. Should the weather looks regular you possibly can connect easier as it contains the regular functions making it glance genuine.


Buy WOW Gold  RS Gold  Buy Diablo 3 Gold