Friday, January 04, 2013

Daddy Daycare Day One.... Done

This year I'm moving to a part time work role so I can spend more time with the kids while they were little. While I've taken them for plenty of days (or weekends etc) on my own today was the first official day of Daddy Day Care and I was a little nervous.

Being a Friday there were decidedly less coffee shop or pub visits to what I was used to but we still had a great day. More importantly the kids seemed to have fun and I didn't end up thinking OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE.
Littlest engineer
There was A LOT of time on the railway today and a slightly stressful trip to the Planetarium with little miss one deciding to test her lung capacity in the hushed and domed theatre. The rest of the afternoon we just hung around the Botanic Gardens getting close to the wildlife.

Closest I've ever been to a duck
In terms of days out today was as close to a dream as you could want, hardly any tantrums and everyone running around with a smile on their face. While every day isn't going to be like that it certainly is a lot more fun than being at work!

No comments: