Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A pointless post while on a train.

First off let's get the point of this post is to pass the time while
I'm crammed into a train (which means I can't effectively game).

It's been a long time since i've travelled on a train in peak hour.
And after all the cramming at the station and now in the train I think
I'd almost prefer the bus. The bus I catch (which I don't do much
anymore) is almost always full 3 or 4 stops after I catch it and I'm
more often than not standing but it somehow feels a little less cattle
like. I think it's all the people in the doorway of the train doing
the shuffle at each and every stop.
In either case I still think (given the distance) walking or the bike
is the best option and it makes me feel a little less guilty about the
environmental impact the rest of my gadget obsession has.

In other news it seams that many more of my childhood memories are
getting remakes. I wonder if this generation will be remembered as
"remakeorama"? Probably not but still is nothing safe from a remake.
When I see remakes for "gone with the wind" I know it'll have gone too
far. We've already had Astro boy with A-Team, Tron (ok this one is a
sequel but I do wonder) and karate kid. It seems that popular media is
just living off the remake which is sad, certainly people are thinking
of great original content.

On the gaming front I worry for the longevity of my DS. Since I've
picked up the iPhone the DS has suffered a lot in play time. One of
the major reasons I think is cost vs play time. A new DS game retails
for $70 and an iPhone release fo a lot less and with the addition of
titles such as Final Fantasy it's hard to justify the games on the ds
at the high price as I typically use it as a pick up and play
console. Obviously big titles such as Mario will always have appeal
but smaller mini game style titles will probably be an iPhone
purchase. I imagine Nintendo are having similar fears even with their
strong "we aren't worried by the iPhone" exterior.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: