Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Mission FS2-AV one week in (part 1)

A couple of weeks ago I made the call that the Jamos were just too big and too powerful for the space I can use them. So I started the hunt for a smaller lifestyle set of speakers and picked up a bargain set of the missions (a system I'd auditioned years ago and only rejected on price).

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Firstly the install, to start with the speakers are small not bose cube small more an elongated DVD case (and just as thin) so mounting them was a breeze. I had mounts from the jamos for the left and right fronts which I just reused but for the rest 3M tape did the trick. The Added bonus with that is I could reposition them any number of times without fear of wall destruction. The sub is specifically designed to sit in the corner of a room which made placement super easy and the curved facade means it easily fades into obscurity. Last but not least was the wiring which comes supplied and is flat allowing you to run the cables flat against the wall. Admittedly the first attempt at this I didn't do such a good job of running the cables flat....

Fortunately without too much effort the cables were easily attached to the wall and fairly neat.

Of course the most important thing is the sound... but that will have to wait for another post....

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question, what 3M tape did you use to fix the speakers

Unknown said...

I used several of these up and down the back of the speaker surface.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Command-17021P-Mounting-Replacement/dp/B0014CQGW4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1260131345&sr=1-9

Anonymous said...

thanks for the quick reply, have had these boxed up for a couple of years, now seriously considering e-using them in new house....