Monday, November 26, 2007

Yet another Monday Breakfast at the airport....

In what is becoming an all too familiar Monday morning ritual, I'm having breakfast in the Virgin Blue Lounge again. On a bright note on the travel though I have almost enough points to get to the UK and back.

After planning on having a quite weekend together with all the travelling we only managed it a little on Friday and Sunday.

Friday night we tried out a new local Red Room DVD store, someone had recommended. I've never been big on hiring DVDs usually preferring to buy most of the title that I like. We were only looking for a trashy movie experience so it seemed the perfect time to try it out. It's a pretty impressive system allowing you to reserve titles from there web as well as instore and all the titles are held in a storage system saving the endless walk up and down shelves. They also charge based on how long you have the title so if you can get it back in 6 hours it's only about $3, you can even opt to keep the title... for a fee of course.

Saturday was a bit of a marathon of eating with morning tea, followed by a Wine lunch at Bespoke and then an Election BBQ at Mandy's.

Lunch was fantastic. The event was for Greg Cooley Wines and was a matched degustation menu. Probably the longest lunch I've been to in a while, which we skipped out early at 5pm, with just enough time for us to make it to the polling booths before heading to the BBQ. In what was slightly unexpected for a young wine maker the Reds were much more impressive than their white selection but we still managed to leave without any! I took some photos of the meals but I have yet to upload them so you'll have to wait.

Yesterday, after singing in the morning, Ness pottered around the house and I finished off some work I didn't get around to on Friday.

This morning I'm off to Sydney (and delayed 20 mins already due to traffic control) but a relatively short trip with only 2 nights before I'm heading back.

No comments: