Thursday, November 15, 2007

A little of (GF) Spain in Sydney

First of all I'm going to make an effort to do a few more posts.... Last night, however, I went out to dinner with a Vendor and they took us to a Spanish Restaurant on Oxford st called Raquels Spanish Kitchen. The food was fantastic, but the most impressive thing was the service. We had a largish table and ordered the Banquet. The thing that really surprised me was they asked if anyone needed specially dietary requirements. Normally in big groups like that I just steer clear of anything that might be risky, after telling them I was both Seafood and Gluten Free they not only brought out special meals just for my needs (included as part of the banquet) they also went to great lengths to ensure that the rest of the food was not placed too close to my food and told me which dish I could and couldn't eat.

It was a level of service for dietary requirements I've never seen before (even in restaurants that are big on Gluten Free menus). To top it off the food was great and it was the best Patatas Bravas I've had since we were at the Taxidermista in Barcelona. The food was quite authentic and there quantities were well and truly more than any of us could eat... We were all completely full even before the Paella came out.

I would definitely head there if you were looking for some nice Spanish cuisine

No comments: