Thursday, September 27, 2007

Europe 2007 - Things I´ve forgotten to blog

Ok so here´s a few more things that I´d forgotten to blog;
  • Pedestrian Crossings in Barcelona: Most pedestrian crossings in Barcelona have lights and specially illumiated flashing yellow ones to tell cars to be aware of pedestrians which obviously translates to ¨kill as many as you can before the light stops flashing¨
  • Gluten Free: Gluten free is proving much easier in Spain (even Antequera) where we´ve managed to find a few health food stores and the magic words ¨Sin Gluten¨. I´ve been pigging out on these fantastic tiny teddy like chocolate biscuits for the last few days.
  • We saw a Hyundai like my old one in the exact colour the other day
  • Salads at fast food chains come with little bottles of vinegar and olive oil.
  • The Spanish love two things above everything else in their food. 1. Meat 2. Sugar, if it doesn´t have these two things it may as well not be on the menu. If you try and order a salad with your meal not as an entrée they look at you as if you´re from another planet.
I´m sure there will be more that I remember.

No comments: