Thursday, April 28, 2005

Froogle to you too!

I recently discovered Froogle (as I was randomly surfing around when I was bored), Google's answer to the world of shopping. According to their website : -

Froogle is a new service from Google that makes it easy to find information about products for sale online. By focusing entirely on product search, Froogle applies the power of Google's search technology to a very specific task: locating stores that sell the item you want to find and pointing you directly to the place where you can make a purchase.

As Google's spidering software crawls the Internet, it automatically identifies webpages that offer products for sale. These are the pages Froogle searches when you enter the name of an item you want to find. Froogle also includes product information submitted electronically by merchants.
So as a good little consumer I've signed up and started adding things that in some point in time I was/am instered in purchasing. They even offer a wish list that you can publish so that you can give hints to others what to buy! The only real problem is that about 90% of the content is American. I've found a few Australian stores but at this stage not all their products are being indexed... well what can you expect it's only a beta!

You can see my wish list here.

Happy Froogling....

No comments: