Monday, May 02, 2011

Musing over an upgrade for my turntable

I have no real need but I've started to think about upgrading/replacing the tivoli that is the heart of my turntable setup. I have no real reason. Sure the tuner has started to go but most stations I could stream to the airport express if I'm desperate.

I think the lack of traditional speaker setups in my house has been starting to chip away at my and it's started to form into an idea.

I love the thought of a valve amp running off the B&O turntable to round out the vintage technology. But I'm equally drawn to the simplicity of a Geneva L sitting next to the turntable on a red ikea PS cabinet.

It's nothing more than an idea chipping away at the back of my mind. Hopefully the current bike obsession and purchase will keep the upgrade at bay for a while.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: