Sunday, May 16, 2010

Remembering the joys of being a kid

It dawned on me yesterday when I was watching the littleone playing
with some cardboard that had transformed into a train and was "choo
chooing" it's way over my face that generally I don't spend enough
time just having fun. Obviously there are plenty if things that get in
the way, work being the big one. I'm not really sure what I can do
about it or what the real purpose of this post is.

I guess it should just remind me that there is no point working to
live if you don't do the living bit in the end.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Kelsbells said...

I'm much the same, my nights are spent trying to relax by conking out in front of the telly. Not much fun really. Time I found something better to do!

Craig said...

Priorities are hard sometimes.. I've been a big fan of putting my wife and kids before anything else. I'll have them for life, I won't have the project/job/house/etc. for nearly as long. If family is towards the top of the list everything else will fall into place.

Lellen said...

Reminds me of my mum's sage advice - "the kids won't remember if the house was clean, but they will remember that you played with them." Then of course I married a big kid! :p