Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A new decade and some new directions

2010 looks like it will be a big year for me... For the past decade I've been working with one product set and this year I've taken the plunge and dropped it all for a new one.

It was a pretty big decision to make and essentially means I'm moving from a Big Fish in the pond to a Small Fish. It will be an interesting time for me because I haven't been in this position for at least 10 years.

For the most part I'm looking forward to it. There is the obvious apprehension as I'm leaving a job I've basically been working in for 10 years.

I haven't had to learn something completely new for a long time so I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into some new technology.

It should be a fun year full of change.... at least that's the plan

5 comments:

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Yay Cam. I am glad you are excited about it. It is a brave decision and I am sure you have made the right choice.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

and just to be painful, the new decade doesn't start until next year!

Unknown said...

She's got a point... what's the new product set btw?

Vanessa said...

Actually, a decade is just a group of 10 years - that decades start 01-10 is arbitrary.

Unknown said...

It's not arbitrary, it's ordinal-y